Sarah tagged me ages ago to enlighten my threes of readers to 6 things about Cavewoman you didn’t know before. *sigh*.
Since I’m so boringly an open book, I’m going to have to dig deep to find a small corner of my soul to expose, which heretofore hasn’t seen the light of day.
So, here goes…
1. I talk in my sleep. (This was attested to by a whole group of friends that I went camping with one midsummer evening.) Apparently, I carried on an entire conversation with my then-boyfriend about blacksmithing, and the new armor he was making. Interestingly enough, he was also asleep at the time.
2. I have participated in two field schools. Geology and Archaeology. Imagine it. Alabama. Summer. 102 degrees in the shade. Nickname: Swamp thing.
3. I love food. Particularly meat. Fried chicken is a close family friend, and bar-b-que is almost as close. (And yes, cholesterol levels are almost entirely genetic and I can eat whatever I want and still have the lowest natural cholesterol levels you have ever seen.)
4. I occassionally have prescient dreams and waking visions. These happen extremely rarely now that I'm older, but as a child they were frequent enough to frighten me. I foretold my Aunt's hospital visit, my father's death, meeting a friend I had not seen in several years, and I have foreseen my own death. I am rather old, reasonably happy, have outlived my husband, and I believe am living with my best friend.
5. I once took a few fencing lessons. My instructor looked a little like Mr. Sulu of Star Trek.
6. I recently have hurt my back, and have been going to a chiropractor twice a week, and doing yoga once a week. I am getting better---and I cannot sing the praise of yoga and chiropractic enough.
**Bonus* Currently I am reading Snowcrash.