Inverted Crescent

One Woman's Journey Over the Moon and Beyond

Saturday, April 15, 2006

Sweet Jesus, Tuscan orange!

Taking the Lord’s name in vain, but only for humorous purposes and not for real, so please don’t let this be something I need forgiveness for…amen.

I’m in!
My own home!
The boxes are unpacked, the kitchen is functioning, and all I can really think about is
getting comfy furniture, knick-knack placement, and choosing pretty paint for the kitchen and the bedroom.
Shallow, I know.
My concentration is shot…I go to sleep and I see paint swatches. I wake up and I try to figure out where I should hang the spiral votive ironwork. This beautiful season of lent, which should be fraught with spiritual discipline is instead, filled with home decorating decadence.
So, I pray a bit---and then daydream of terracotta living rooms, taupe bedrooms, and a cool green or a tuscan orange kitchen. *sigh*
What would baby Jesus say? Green? Tuscan Orange? These are harsh Lenten/almost \easter realities to be faced with on a rainy afternoon.

But it is nice to put things where they go and find myself in a more comfortable space than I've been in in a while.

I'll be posting regularly by June---but until I get this crazy phone/computer stuff worked out ( even know I am posting at a cyber cafe), things will be slim.

3 Comments:

At 9:01 AM, Blogger Johnny C. said...

Congratulations on your new place!

good to see you back in some form or fashion.

 
At 6:05 AM, Blogger Cave-Woman said...

Copy that.
Comments enabled.

Welcome back! Gee, I've missed you guys. It's been so long since I have posted regularly that my brain is devoid of good posting material. I'll work on exerising it more.

 
At 8:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home