Inverted Crescent

One Woman's Journey Over the Moon and Beyond

Friday, January 27, 2006

Movie Meme

After making my daily jaunt over to Sarah’s blog and discovering the meme of the moment, I immediately started to think of favorites movies and quotes. Truth be told, too many sprang to mind.(Mine was a mispent youth). In an effort to exhibit some restraint ( I know! Can you believe it?), I kept the list to ten, with a few bonuses.
So, chime in if you recognize any, and like Sarah says, maybe we’ll be BFF, and hold hands on the playground, and sign each other’s year books.
Good luck!!


1. “Whenever I despair, I remember that the way of truth and love has always
won. There may be tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they may seem
invincible, but in the end, they always fail. Think of it: always.”

2 In response to the question, “What is best in life?”
“To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.”

3. Z: “You recognize that famous sign?
Old Man: Si senior. It is a Two.
Z: That is a Z!
Old Man: But in the school that is how they teach my granddaughter to draw a
two.
Z: *I* say it is a *Z* - For El Zorro!

4. “Would you like a roll in the ze hay? Roll, Roll, Roll in ze hay!”

5. “Wouldn't this be a great world if insecurity and desperation made us more attractive? If "needy" were a turn-on?”

6. O:”: Do you know what your sin is?
M: “ Aw hell, I'm a fan of all seven... but right now, I'm gonna have to go with Wrath.”

7.“Tu eşti dragostea vieţii mele... vieţii mele” translation-- you are the love of my life... of my life.

8.“Why must you lead, when I want to lead? If I want to dance I will ask you to dance. If I want to speak I will open my mouth and speak. Everyone is forever plaguing me to speak further. Why? What good is it to tell you you are in my every thought from the time I wake? What good can come from my saying that I sometimes cannot think clearly or do my work properly? What gain can rise of my telling you the only time I feel fear as others do is when I think of you in harm? That is why I am on this porch, Ivy Walker. I fear for your safety before all others. And yes, I will dance with you on our wedding night.”

9 “Good. Bad. I’m the guy with the gun.”

10. “What do you think the Devil is going to look like if he's around? Nobody is going to be taken in if he has a long, red, pointy tail. No. I'm semi-serious here. He will look attractive and he will be nice and helpful and he will get a job where he influences a great God-fearing nation and he will never do an evil thing... he will just bit by little bit lower standards where they are important. Just coax along flash over substance... Just a tiny bit. And he will talk about all of us really being salesmen. And he'll get all the great women.”


**Bonus:1** “Severus, don’t be a fool….”
**Bonus 2** “If I were a woman…I might choose not to sacrifice my life caring for my children, nor my children's children, nor to drown anonymously in the milk of female kindness, but instead, say, to go abroad.”
**Bonus 3** “Heads. Heads. Heads.Heads.”

3 Comments:

At 4:17 PM, Blogger Stacey said...

Dang, all I knew was #4, and that's because it's one of my favorite movies.

It's pronounced Fronkenshteen! Now sign my yearbook!

 
At 7:17 PM, Blogger Cave-Woman said...

Yes, Number 4 is Young Frankenstein. A long-time favorite of mine.

Number 2 is Conan--the Barbarian. One of my all-time favorites, as Oliver Stone did the screenplay and Arnold did what Arnold does best---look manly.

Hints about others: Check my profile.

 
At 8:08 PM, Blogger Cave-Woman said...

Yea, Sarah! Yep, 6 is Serenity and 9 is Army of Darkness. (Oh, I love that movie. Who would have thought a sequel to Night of the Living Dead 2 would have been sooo campy?)

And how could I not give you a shout out since we squee in unison in the Potterverse?

In answer to other questions:

Number 1: Gandhi
Number 3: Zorro, the Gay Blade
Number 5: Broadcast News
Number 7: Bram Stoker's Dracula (right after he told he he has crossed oceans of time to be with her!)
Number 8:The Village
**Honestly, I think 7 and 8 have to be some of the most romantic, albeit scary movies I have seen.)
10. Broadcast News. (again). Couldn't help it. The quotes from this movie are so good. It is definitely in my top 10 faves/

Bonus 2: Orlando
Bonus 3: Rosencrantz and Guilderstern are Dead

 

Post a Comment

<< Home