Inverted Crescent

One Woman's Journey Over the Moon and Beyond

Thursday, February 09, 2006

My particular brand of evil777362

Knowing that my computer uploads at the speed of dark, and given that I have been preoccupied with work, my second job, hitting the local theatrical scene and, well…seeing someone…I haven’t posted much.
And for that, I apologize internet.
I’ve been busy experiencing twitter-pation, and the joy and confusion that it brings. It’s rare. And it’s wonderful.
Who knows if I will be hit by a beer truck tomorrow? Who knows if I will flake out in a sudden fit of “commito-phobia”, and go join a Mennonite colony? Or if he will suddenly decide that I’m too much hippie chic to handle? Or… maybe he will look across at me, over the carnage of chicken bones from my most recent HOOTERS visitation and think “My god, I can’t live another second without her, I must make her mine?!” Who knows? At any rate, I’ve been busy. I’m enjoying the moment. I haven’t been posting. I’m happy but *sob* …I’ve missed you guys!
Not that you are checking Inverted Crescent daily thinking “My God, why doesn’t she post more?!! Damn, I miss that saucy Cave-woman! Where else am I going to get my daily dose of were-wolf smut, movie kitsch, and eco-awareness?” (However if you are…GOD BLESS YOU!!
So, to the stuff at hand…
(Today’s installment of were-wolf smut)
I saw Underworld: Evolution. And I have to say…I’m pleased. Too often a sequel comes along and you are wondering…Why did I bother to watch this? It’s the same story we saw in the first movie. What a waste of my time! However this movie is a good solid continuation of the first story, picking up immediately where Underworld left off. Oh, and shirts are off, and there is sweating and bleeding, and hot, hot lovin’! So, therefore---two thumbs up.
Today’s installment of movie kitsch:
Mel Brook’s original movie The Producers, with my movie boyfriend Gene Wilder, and the incomparable Zero Mostel is worth a rental. Forget the movie version of the broadway ( also by Mel Brooks with Nathan Lane and Matthew Brodderick). It has its highlights. But see the original. You won’t regret it. It’s so many shades of wrong, it’s a wonder it was ever put in theatres!
Today’s installment of Eco-Awareness:
Periodically, I urge people to find out about their local environmental issues and to take action. ( In general, I think you should always keep your fingers on the pulse of your local government , and help that government make decisions concerning things you care about--- whether it’s where the new Wal-Mart is going to go, the upcoming city council elections, or the planning of the July 4th celebration.) Since the environmental work is part of my everyday life, I focus on eco issues.
Here’s a link that helps with bigger picture eco-issues. Personally, I’m all over the “Save the Endangered Species Act”, and will be adding a permanent link on my sidebars for this one. This is one of the websites that, if you visit it everyday, and click on the appropriate buttons, contributions are made to the causes you believe in. Check it out. You might find something you like.
http://www.saveourenvironment.org/
Well, cats and kittens…that’s it for the day.
Now turn off your computer and GO OUTSIDE!!!

1 Comments:

At 10:41 AM, Blogger Johnny C. said...

I wasn't going to even pay attention to Underworld 2, but I might check it out now.

Good luck with the dude!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home