Inverted Crescent

One Woman's Journey Over the Moon and Beyond

Monday, December 19, 2005

Mary,

Did you know that your baby boy
has come to make you new;
the child that you delivered
will soon deliver you?
Mark Lowry, “Mary, Did You Know?”

In the course of my life, I’ve heard the song that yields those lyrics three times.

The first when Nola’s sang in church. Her rich, bluesy voice making this song a permanent part of my Christmas memories.
Next I heard it on the radio, voiced by Clay Aiken. (I can’t help it! The kid has talent!)
And, after a google search for lyrics, I found this older version, with Kenny Rogers and Wynona.
Nice song.
When my soul-sister had her baby, she said this song resonated strongly with her.
Hope you love it as much as I do.
.http://www.bonniesplace1.com/Marydid.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home